Saturday, July 5, 2008

Home again

We returned safely from our trip. What a special time we had together as a family. We plan to return several times during the next twelve months--our special little hide away.

My sister-in-law, her boys, and I "survived" the funeral last Thursday without incident. God was merciful to our needs and protected us from any type of confrontation. In fact, there was not even an opportunity for any type of communication. The gossip in me would really like to give you all the mean, gory, unkind details of why these relationships are so strained, but I will not.

While we were away, I was just so aware of our great country and the men and women who sacrifice so that we can live in freedom. We were so fortunate to be in a place with at least 40,000 people who enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July show together. During one point, the national anthem was played. As far as my eyes could see, every single person stood with respect for our nation. The family next to us was Hispanic. I did not hear them speak any English to each other, but they stood during the national anthem with their hands on their hearts.

There are people on this earth, brothers and sisters in Christ, who can not openly worship. They are persecuted and jailed or mocked and beaten for serving the same Lord that I serve. Despite all the problems of our nation, we live in a very special place. And I am so thankful.

Alright, all 52 visitors. I'm praying for you. Please know that tomorrow when I am corporate worship with my church family, I will be praying for this place and for you. I will prepare the second post on Chapter 2 for Monday. Let me know if you stop by between now and then. Just a little hi is good enough!

Happy 4th of July...a day late.

In Christ,
Natalie

No comments: