Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Prayer Requests

I realize I'm leaving you hanging for the rest of Chapter 2.

However, I have some prayer requests for you tonight.

1.) My paternal grandmother suffered a stroke this morning. Please pray for guidance for my father's family.

2.) My youngest brother got upsetting news about a job that he has been actively persuing and thought all was going well.

3.) My husband and I must attend a funeral tomorrow. There will be two people there who we have basically no contact with--this is extremely difficult for my husband and his brother and our families. My precious nephews will be there. Please pray that there will not be an incident and that we can support the family who has lost their mother. We are not there for ourselves, but to love, support and mourn as part of a community. It will not be easy. I would do anything to protect my nephews, just as I know my SIL would (and will).

4.) My church has a new pastoral intern joining staff Sunday. They were prepared to close on a house today when something fell threw. The husband and the children have had the flu since Sunday. I pray that the wife does not get it and that they can find another house quickly that suits their needs.

5.) My husband, daughter, and I are going on a little vacation tomorrow after the funeral. We are thrilled to be going away together for a few days! We will be back Saturday evening. I'll post the rest of Chapter 2 early next week.

I see that this site has had 45 visitors. I'm praying for you. I know you are stopping by. Please leave a little message so I know who you are! My prayers right now are something like this: "Lord, please protect number 43. I pray that he/she has accepted you and is learning something from this site--that Your presence is here and that You are touching his/her life through the words on the screen." Or "Lord, I don't know the needs of number 36. I pray that he/she is bringing them to You now." Or "I don't know the people who are visiting this site. Please give me the perfect words to speak to their hearts so that they may know Your word more truthfully." If you leave me a little comment I can pray more specifically for you!!! I sure would love to be praying for number 150 when I get back from my little trip!

In Christ,
Natalie

1 comment:

Andi said...

Natalie,
I have not even made it all the way through this post, and I feel the overwhelming need to comment. Your determination to pray for others touches me so much...even those you do not really know.
I am so sorry for the tough times that you and H had to go through recently...I had no idea. I will certainly pray for you both.
Hope the mini-vacation is just what you need. Have a great time. I miss you...perhaps we can have coffee or just a chat when you get a chance. Much love.